Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Night and Day Skincare


I've had a few questions about my skincare and daily makeup lately so I thought I would show you what I've been loving this winter to keep my skin looking hydrated and healthy.  For me, I struggle with my skin more in the winter.  My t-zone will stay oily but my cheeks become extremely dry.  I think I have finally figured out what I need to do to keep it looking respectable!

Night

At night, I start off by removing my makeup with a cleansing wipe (this isn't totally necessary but I feel like it helps get off that top layer of makeup).  If I use a wipe, it's usually these by Neutrogena.

Moving on to the more important steps!  I will always use my Clarisonic Mia 2 at night, every single night religiously.  I truly believe that this brush is a miracle worker.  When I started using it a year ago it changed by skin drastically for the better.  It's 100% worth the investment.  I use a gentle, simple cleanser with it at night.  My absolute favorite is the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser which I discovered when I first bought my Clarisonic as it came with it in the package.  It's a simple, clean wash that really gets the job done with the Clarisonic.

After I cleanse, with the Clarisonic and Fresh Cleanser, I put on the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream.  It's very hydrating, never breaks me out and I feel like it has helped with some fine lines on my forehead.  Then, I put on the Fresh Lotus Eye Gel for a little extra under eye moisture to help with any aging.  Last, I use my EOS Lip Balm in Coconut Milk which smells delish and is a great moisturizer.

Day

Every morning I wash my face with Clean and Clear Morning Burst.  It gives your face a fresh, awake feeling which is great in the AM!  It has small, little bursting beads that give a very gentle exfoliation.  Most mornings, I won't use my Clarisonic.  I find it's too much morning and night on most days but if my skin is looking really drab or dry I will use it in the morning too!

On to morning moisture!  I put a VERY small amount of Aveeno Eczema Therapy on my cheeks and any dry patches.  I find that this really helps my dry cheeks and looks so smooth under makeup when it's dried.  Last, I put on my EOS!

At this point, I wait for everything to sink in and then do my makeup!  I will have an everyday makeup routine video up soon so you all can see what I do!  I hope you enjoyed and you are safe and warm if you're in the middle of this blizzard like I am!

XXOO,  Kristina