Monday, February 9, 2015

Snow Day Essentials


As some of you I'm sure have noticed, it has been snowing here every couple days since January 23.  It's been the snowiest 30 days in Boston history.  As I'm typing we are getting close to another foot of snow here so I thought this post was appropriate.  

Essential 1: Comfy Outfit



My outfit of choice for a snow day is usually leggings, a fuzzy sweater and cozy socks.  You obviously want to be warm and since you're lounging all day, it's an ideal outfit.  The leggings I've been loving lately are these herringbone pair pictured from Lululemon.  Of course any comfy leggings will get the job done.  When I was sick a couple months back, my fiance got me the adorable, fuzzy lined, cable knit socks from Target in this picture.  They are beyond warm and super cute.  Unfortunately, they are no longer available but I also own these and they are AMAZING!  To top it off, a fuzzy sweater is perfect, this is my sweater perfect option.

Essential 2: Cute Mug 



I'm always drinking something hot when I'm stuck inside during a snow storm.  This initial mug from Target's holiday collection has been my favorite as of late.  I will link a few cute mugs and some of my favorites drinks below for you!

Mugs: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Hot Beverages: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Essential 3: Cozy Blanket

Picture from Keep at link 1


I like to cozy up on the couch and watch a movie or TV with a nice blanket.  I will link a few for you!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

If you prefer a robe this is AMAZING...I NEED it!

Essential 4: Entertainment



You have to keep yourself occupied in the house all day, I think to clean up my room and my desk on snow days but that definitely doesn't take all day.  After cleaning, I like watching my favorite shows on Netflix or some movies.  Lately, I've been obsessed with Parks and Recreation.  I'm through season 4 so far.  For movies, I love anything with Audrey Hepburn and comedies!  A deck of cards or some broad games are also fun if you're stuck inside with friends or family.  

Essential 5: Candles



Snow days are a great opportunity to relax.  I love to light a favorite candle to set a calming mood.  It also doubles as light in case the power goes out!  My favorite candles are from Bath and Body Works; they're affordable, smell great and last a long time.  I will link a few favs below.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Hope you all enjoyed the post!

XXOO, Kristina